For those individuals who responded, saying that they were interested in volunteering with your organization -- what was the next step after you received this email of interest? (did you call them with more information about the assignment? email them with more information about the assignment? have them complete an online application?)
2. I emailed them with a bit more information and asked them to tell me about their experience.
4. No Response
5. The respondee was wanting a paid position, which we could not offer.
6. In a few cases, I have received responses from potential volunteers, saying they want to write for our newsletter.. but I have responded that it did not seem like a good fit, since they were so far away, that meeting in person would not be practicable -- and unless an initial assignment meeting can happen in person, -- and interviews with local information sources can happen in person -- I don't think writing via long distance is a good idea.
7. We emailed them back with requests that they clarify their interest and suggestions of projects. We mailed info, if requested and they provided a mailing address. Ohterwise we emailed them. Yes in all cases. We do not require an app.
8. I called two of them and e:mailed the other.
9. With those interested in volunteering to do virtual office support, we emailed them, asked some questions about their interest and requested that they forward a mailing address, in order for us to send them hard copies of the kinds of publications we wanted assistance in creating. For those volunteers interested in becoming virtual pen pals to seniors, we emailed them promptly a message of gratitude - and then because of the incredible numbers of responses, asked their indulgence for some time to create additional pen pal programs in which they could participate. I have passed on 24 volunteers and their email addresses to a program that is in place and will be creating pen pal matches for these volunteers. That Volunteer Manager will be requesting that they complete an application on-line. The other volunteers must wait until some volunteer managers in our area can create programs! Thus far, except for a single youth volunteer who called my office, we have done all communications by email. We will be following up on the virtual office support volunteers with mailings, however.
10. I emailed and/or called them to discuss more about the position.
11. I inform them of the need we had, and in some instances gave them choices for them to pick from.
12. I e-mailed asking them to visit our website and chat room, then respond if still interested.
13. E-mailed them then called them
14. Depended on the person. Since many of them were in other parts of the country, I responded by e-mail, further describing the opportunity and why it might be difficult to do it from a distance. In all of these cases, the potential volunteer agreed and I gave them information to contact the Second Harvest Food Bank serving their own area. If they were local, we generally followed up on the phone.
15. emailed them questions and began an email dialog.
16. We e-mail them more information.
17. No Response
18. We followed up with telephone calls and e-mail
19. I send them an email with more information and then it is up to them to contact me for an application by responding to the e-mail or calling for one.
20. e-mailed them info, kept e-mail dialogue going
22. emailed back and described our needs. Asked for reply of itnerest.
23. I email them about the assignment within 2 days of their message to us.
24. I responded with e-mail. I had recently filled the assignment when the requests came in. I have there names on file.
25. I emailed them with my web page URL and a brief description, also asked them to join my private ListBot list for the PCDAR Techies.
26. i emailed the individual. he responded with a note giving info on the web pages he's created, and asked for a contact number. we don't have applications. we're very informal.
27. e-mailed them with more information
28. No Response
29. Currently, I have not followed up on leads. We are in the processs of hiring new director
30. I emailed them about our organization and the position. I also sent them the page of our web site, which goes into more detail about who we are, what we do, and how folks can help.
32. No Response
go to the next question
return to Index of Agency Survey Responses
return to Index of VV Project Survey & Message Archives