How do you/did you supervise and recognize/reward online volunteers for their contributions?
2. I hadn't thought that far ahead. Obviously, I would check the website to make sure that the work was being done correctly.
3. No Response
4. No Response
6. I met with her in person.... and she was given a by-line in the newsletter.
8. No Response
9. I don't know yet! Certainly, heartwarming and sincere gratitude is communicated regularly. I will have the advantage of mailing addresses for some of them, and will send personal communications regularly. Otherwise, I don't have good ideas yet. We (volunteer managers in my area) are going to take up this subject at one of our networking meetings.
10. No Response
11. Since I just started, I am waiting to see the results
12. nothing yet
13. still figuring that one out in process
14. The same as other volunteers, with thank you notes, the opportunity to receive our weekly fax/e-mail newsletter, invitations to events, and annual recognition.
15. I gave them lots of praise as we went along.
16. We have not done this yet as the person has only been working with us for a couple weeks.
17. No Response
22. In chapter newsletter and email thank yous
23. all volunteers receive letters in the mail as well as breif email notes thanking them for their work.
24. I will recognize my current online volunteer (not from Volunteer Match) via brunch or lunch on PEPS.
25. Via email and file transfers. Reward is via Email and my status, which goes monthly to around 100 people and growing.
26. i will contact him regularly, reinforcing how great it is that he's helping us out. i will send him a few mementos that we give to board members. i'd love to have any suggestions about this from you!
27. Supervision is done by checking in with them regularly via e-mail, and reward is mainly in the form of recognition on our site.
28. No Response
29. Great Question. If your group is collating the responses, I would be thrilled to have a copy. I think our group could learn alot from the responces, especially if the reponses are mention the success rate of the various projects.
30. No Response
31. No Response
32. No Response
go to the next question
return to Index of Agency Survey Responses
return to Index of VV Project Survey & Message Archives