In what areas do you need the most assistance in working with online volunteers? (writing task descriptions, developing an online orientation, knowing how to evaluate people online, how to record online volunteer hours and progress, etc.)
2. How could I reward online volunteers?
3. No Response
4. No Response
5. unsure at this time
6. All of the above -- but I doubt that it would be as efficient as way to work with people as meeting them in person.
7. Evaluation, tracking hours
8. Evaluation of people on-line.
9. All of the above. Any and all suggestions for process, forms, implementation, evaluation, recognition -- all would be very helpful!
10. No Response
11. No Response
12. no assitance needed
13. How to use Houston area web pages to drive more people to the site to encourage volunteers...Developing an online orientation...good idea. Knowing how to evaluate people online
14. Considering and devloping virtual volunteer opportunities -- we currently have none.
15. Writing task descriptions. Getting them involved via email.. I haven't called them, partly because I think it could be presumptuous in the case of a virtual volunteer. They really want their independence, it seems.
17. No Response
20. Don't think I need assistance, at least yet
21. Unknown at this time.
22. All of the above!
23. I do not need any assistance yet.
24. All of the afore mentioned.
25. Screening those who really want to help vs. those just out trolling. Many do not really want to put time in, they just think they do.
26. as i said, we're very informal. i anticipate sending him out a package of orientation material once we agree on his efforts for us.
27. I wish there were a way for VolunteerMatch to let people know that we're only interested in people within our geographical area...others are unlikely to want to work for us. Thanks! --Ben
28. No Response
29. We could use someone to orient and coordinate the potential volunteers. Unfortunately, volunteers are not truely free. There needs to a staff time committment. Unfortunately, there are an array of conflicting priorities. Some things that may be ultimately time saving, but the payoff is not immediate may be inappropiately relegated to the end of the short list.
30. No Response
31. No Response
32. No Response
go to the next question
return to Index of Agency Survey Responses
return to Index of VV Project Survey & Message Archives