Please add any other comments you would like to send to us:
2. Don't publicize responses, please.
3. No Response
4. what is the typical response rate for online volunteering and for on-site matches ...we have received no inquiries at all for our positions....we posted about 5 opportunities.
5. I appreciate your service and we hope to better use it in the future.
6. We hve REALLY appreciated the volunteers referred to us by VOlunteer Match and Impact On-Line.... but the person-to-person aspect of working with people in the field (not virtuallY) is what it's all about... and, for our organizaiton at least, I think working with people face to face is necessary, once the initial on-line connection has been made. THANKS for presenting this opportunity for feedback!
7. Sorry about this mess.
8. I have gotten lot's of responses to Volunteer Match in general, but very few from on-line, virtual volunteers. I do wonder what kind of promotion Impact Online gives to this endeavor. Thanks.
9. Please know that we are just on the cusp of the potential of this thing called virtual volunteering. We are in the unique position of doing our best volunteer management without knowing the people in any context that we are familiar with! EVERY old concept is being redefined through the internet - screening, interviewing, task definition, orientation, evaluation, recognition, etc. And all of these redefinitions have to work within the confines of our present resources - time, money, responsibility. Then there is the issue of satisfying our constituents who support our center and support volunteerism in our area! Virtual volunteering has forced redefinition on how we define community. Indeed, it has released us from a geographical definition in many ways. We are fulfilling community needs by linking volunteers. Does it matter if those volunteers live in other parts of our country? Maybe it will to our financial supporters... Certainly this stretches United Way definitions of impacts and service delivery. This will have a significant impact on how we keep service data.... number of volunteers, numbers of people served...We have such enthusiasm and presently are soliciting volunteer opportunities from all of our partner agencies for wonderful virtual volunteering tasks. But we have to have a foundation in place too. We have to attend to our management issues. This could strain volunteer managers if too much was tackled too quickly. It will be very interesting how planning is altered to make way for virtual volunteer management in job descriptions. So many unknowns.... Any and all assistance in the development or prototype of any aspect of this would be gratefully received. I welcome future communications with you.
10. After they responded I emailed or called them back to discuss work assignments. The volunteers neither came in for an interview, nor responded back again to committ to the assignment. In my experience these volunteers have been very flalky and when push comes to shove they donot want to do any work.
11. No Response
12. great program - thank you so much!!
13. Jayne, Thanks for what you are doing.
14. No Response
15. I would like to be more involved in virtual volunteering. I would like to help you in any way I can. I will continue to pay more attention to the volunteers that are emailing me. I'm glad to hear from you and that you are working on this project.
16.We are just getting started with this so we still have a lot to learn!
17. No Response
18. No Response
19. I hope I gave you the information you wanted. I get the feeling I may have included information you did not want. Please forgive me if this was the case. I just want to repeat that all of our volunteer opportunities are from our headquarters in Manhattan. We do not have volunteer opportunities that involve our website or the internet as a whole.
20. Thanks for the great work that you all do. I've been getting a steady stream of non-Virtual Volunteers. About one to two everyday it seems. Thanks! Great searchable database for volunteering, too. Good job.
21. Do you happen to know where I could locate a good piece of documentation regarding letters to send to local organizations, also could you tell me what types of organizations would have volunteers. I am currently looking at churches and clubs.
22. It is a great way to get the word out and match up. Currently I have a dilemma - have interest in web site person - but she is out of state. NOt sure if will work out.
23. I think your service is AWESOME!!
24. I'd like to work more with online volunteers and I will need to set aside some time to come up with specific task descriptions that I can readily plug volunteers into, after screening and placement. I need a little more experience.
25. This has been a great service, I applaud your efforts, Jayne!
26. thank you so much for providing this service. it's wonderful! sabra
27. No Response
28. No Response
29. Best wishes. Thank you for the survey. I hope the project will aid in the future funding of similiar programs.
30. Well since we really haven't been doing it very long, it's hard to say what will be obstacles..pros...
31. No Response
32. No Response
return to Index of Agency Survey Responses
return to Index of VV Project Survey & Message Archives