2. Easier to schedule in, more flexible committment
3. Lack of free time in schedule; volunteer to do web authoring for a non-profit org.
4. This is my first time at volunteering and I want to take it slow and see how this develops, gain confidence and then move on from here.
5. I wanted to help and due to some odd working hours I face and other time restraints, this was the only way to help.
7. Enjoy working on the internet and I can fit it into my schedule.
8. Came across the website, seemed interesting
9. I didn't necessarily think I was only going to help via internet but internet would prevent me from having to travel
10. I live online.
11. Just checking out all the options.
12. It's more convinient for me.
13. I believe the internet is a very powerful tool to organize and develop nonprofit organizations. Most of my professional experience is heavily based in current technology and I've seen incredible changes (in how business is conducted) that have been made by intelligent use of the internet. I am experienced with the medium and want to contribute to organizations that have the same focus.
14. I was unaware of available opportunities to volunteer until I searched online.
15. I wasn't providing. I was looking for something to volunteer for because I can't volunteer at the senior's center anymore because of my schedule changes. And it was the easiest way to find something.
16. Easier to do from work and no overhead time.
17. I do both- which ever is more convenient
19. I don't
20. I felt it would be easier for me to do things from home since I run a web server and dial-up access from home.
21. I simply wish to provide support wherever I am needed.
22. Because I'm very interested in the use of the Internet.
23. I'm on the internet a lot and sometimes I think that its easier to volunteer on the internet because some places don't want 14 year olds to volunteer because they feel we are all stupid and immature and don't know anything but that is definetly not true.
24. I will do either
25. More convenient and easier to fit in busy, unstable schedule
26. The skill I want to use can be done on the internet.
27. Sounded interesting, and this particular thing involves letter writing with elders. I have particular interest in this area. The other reason is that I am directly involved with behavior issues (my career) and it's nice to do something that *isn't* face to face, sometimes.
28. I just happened to view your site at the right time.
30. Want to see if it is as effective and test the extent of the help that can be offered.
31. I used the internet as a starting place to find organizations to who needed volunteers.
32. Very little to do and was outside San Francisco, so I couldn't get to things easily during lunch or after work
33. Good question. Although the organization I worked for said that we would meet face-to-face frequently, we met only twice over a period of about five months. I find that face-to-face meetings are more demanding. After having just traveled to Europe for an extended stay, I now have an opinion as to why they are more demanding: people here are not attuned to each other as members of the same society. We seem to place individual privacy as a first priority. I don't like it but little can be done unless most people change, which is not likely.
<--Previous Question Next Question -->
<---Back to the main page