2. 1. next step was asking about my experience
3. I never heard from the organization I contacted.
5. 2 One got back to me, and I emailed back an application, and they never got back to me. The other has not yet got back to me, but has expressed interest in my work
7. Three: asking for address to send information, completing an online application, setting up an interview time, and stating that the project is on hold and they would be back in contact with me.
9. Both, I need to contact them both
10. 2 of 4 responded. One sent materials, the other we have been trying to connect via phone but have not yet succeeded. I owe the written materials place a response, but I am not sure I am a fit for their organization.
11. I think they got back to with a 'thanks for your interest' email or letter but I/they didn't pursue any further.
13. I don't recall exactly, but just about every organization contacted did get in touch with (1) more detailed information, (2) application materials, or (3) a follow-up phone call or email. I was able to make better evaluations of each organization after the initial contact.
15. One but they haven't called me back or anything.
16. 1 asking for more information and giving me contact numbers.
17. One! asked me to come in for an interview the following day!
18. One- stated due to response did not have anything for me at this time
20. 1 told me they already had a helper.
22. 2, asking for my motivation to work for them and for a brief resume.
23. 2...I got 2 emails saying that they were looking forward to me volunteering them and that they were working things out and were going to get back to me as soon as possible.
24. I got info..but I can't do anything until summer
25. 5--more information for them to help place me
26. 2. One said they were looking for someone close to them but they gave me the name of their sister org in my area. The other contacted my and I began work but they don't respond to messages requesting further info.
27. Just one, and they don't need me yet, as I said. But that's a good thing.
28. I only expressed interest in one company, American Training. I received immediate feedback and began training with one week.
29. I would need more information on what online assignments were to respond.
30. Only one asked for an application and I haven't heard anything back.
31. Two got back to me - I was disappointed with the fact that only two got back to me.
32. Of eight e-mails I sent, there were three responses. One wanted to know if I could do a specific type of work within a certain time period; another got started on a website regoranization project as a result of hearing from me and then realized that volunteers would have to come to their offices during weekday working hours to access files on their server-there was no other way to reorganize them; another asked me to attend an orientation meeting in San Francisco, which led to my not being interested
<--Previous Question Next Question -->
<---Back to the main page