2. Nothing, yet ;-)
4. I volunteered before Christmas and have not really gotten a Virtual Pen Pal yet, in fact I only got once response from the organization and that is they were working on it. As I wait, the elderly are not receiving mail.
5. Working with people in an indirect way
9. I didn't dislike it at all
13. The inexperience of organizations to the potential of the medium. Most organizations are only using the internet as a way to post want ads for f2f volunteers. I would hazard the guess that this is because most nonprofits are unfamiliar with medium's potential.
15. Too few matches for me.
16. Lack of interpersonal contact, can't immediately see the impact of your work
17. NOT many design OPPS.
20. Lack of response.
22. The lack of direct response face-to-face about my work, direct feedback from the people I try to reach outside.
24. Don't meet people
25. Idon't get to see results as regards people's reactions
32. No sense of contact either with the volunteer organization or its clients. I eventually had to go to Wells Fargo and see the data I had entered up on their Gift Trees for it to seem "real."
33. No personal contact and the opportunities that would have presented. Communicating electronically is very cold, no matter how much warmth one might put into an e-mail message. If it weren't something that basically demanded Internet activity (such as research and typing as a reporter), I probably would not do it again.
<--Previous Question Next Question -->
<---Back to the main page