Why do you want to volunteer with this Project?
- DID NOT ANSWER
- Because I like to volunteer and help people, but its easier to do it online...
- My husband was dis-abled in an accident 2 yrs. ago and ten months after the accident he
was diagnosed with brain cancer then lung cancer and now (maybe)bone cancer.As rough as
the last 2 yrs have been I'm sure there's someone out there that's had it rougher than us
and I would like to give back.
- I want to help the community in some way a convenient way because of my tight schedule.
- I would like to utilize my interests and skills by assisting in the volunteer community.
I believe volunteering makes adifference in all lives who participate.
- I had to quit my work as a disability rights attorney on account of a chronic illess,
and am no longer able to contribute through my work. My illness restricts me to work that
can be completed when my varying energy allows. Doing the work on-line would maximize the
available time by saving time spent on travel.
- I would like to do some virtual volunteering because I would really like to do something
involving the computer. I would like to volunteer particularly with this organization
because it was the one that helped everyone else set up a virtual volunteering program.
- I want to do something to help our children. I'm tired of crying at the end of news
reports or from reading the newspaper after reports of children being harmed. These crimes
against our children must be stopped.
- I would like to help people as much as I can, that is my love, it makes me feel like a
better person, using the Internet to make the world a better place just made it easier for
me, to find my interest
- I want to volunteer with Impact Online because this site is really helpful for many
people. I know that there are many people that needs volunteering that they can do at home
online, and I'm willing to help them as much as I can.
- I think that it is a good idea and an easier way to volunteer than to have to go to
another place and volunteer. No board meetings!
- I have time on my hands and would like to offer my services to any organisation that can
- I want to volunteer because I want to get more involved in helping others.
- I feel that I have some talents to share with my community. Sharing them actually helps
me to hone them. I'm intrigued by the idea of volunteering by e-mail, without even leaving
my home. It's important to me to make a contribution to a better world.
- DID NOT ANSWER
- I LOVE VOLUNTEERING. I LIKE TO HELP PEOPLE IS SOMETHING THAT I ENJOY ALOT. IT BRINGS ME
A CERTAIN SATISFACTION.
- Volunteering is rewarding and good for the soul.
- I'm interested in finding volunteer opportunities that I can do from home and your
virtual volunteer program seems like a great place to start.
- I think it is absolutely right on target.
- I am very interested in volunteering and doing so via online seems like an interesting
and fun way to do it. I've been searching for volunteer work in my community but I don't
have access to a car, however, I do have access to a computer and would love to join.
- IOL has volunteering programs which are not available with some of the
other organizations that i volunteer for. Besides, if i am selected as a
volunteer for IOL this would be the first time i would be volunteering for an
organization on another coast.
- I have been wanting to volunteer for sometime and it is so hard to leave my
house because I have 2 children under the age of 3 and we only have 1 car. So I
want to help with something But I'm pretty much home bound.
- I like to work on some research projects which IOL offers
- I've always believed that we should give what we can and consequently have
done much volunteering in the past. For several years, however, I have slacked
off, rationalizing that I've done my part and it's time for others to take over.
That hasn't worked; I still feel the need to contribute. I enjoy writing and am
proficient at using the internet. Virtual volunteering (something I never
thought of until I saw this site) seems like the perfect way for me to fulfill
the need to contribute while doing something I enjoy and am good at.
- To obtain experience in my field
To have a feel of working via the
To prepare myself for a job that I have been seeking for as a
- I am retired and want to contribute to the community and help where I can.
I wasn't aware volunteer support totally by internet was an option. It sounds
interesting and I would like to learn more about it.
- I want to volunteer for this project for 2 reasons: to help
others(specifically kids, non-English speaking people, and Seniors) and to get
new skills for myself that will be beneficial to my career success. Right now I
am in the middle of finding a career path. I still am undecided with what I want
to do for the rest of my life. Being a volunteer, online or offline, will get me
closer to finding what I really love and what I really am meant to do. I believe
joining this Virtual Volunteer project will be a stepping stone to my success.
Besides, helping others is always good for the heart!
- I would like to try volunteering for this project because I find it to be
I have been studying for a year now via correspondance courses
dispensed by the Ministry of Education of France (Institut de Rennes). I was
amazed at the amount of responses I received whenever I posted questions in
Internet forums; I would however have greatly appreciated the help of "Internet
tutors" in some subjects. My experience this past year has interested me in
helping in the development of the influence of the Internet medium in the field
of Education especially.
- I can see how woderful a project like this could be if it has the
right people with the right attitude toward volunteering. I enjoy using my
computer to meet people and it would be a way to put my training to work in
an unusual way.
- To better my internet/keyboarding skills. To spend my freetime doing
something to benefit the community.
- To get a feel for helping people in a different and unique way.
- I love the internet and I want to help others with disablities find
ways to use technology better.
- I work from home, in a remote location, and I miss the opportunities
to vounteer I had access to in the big city! I have a lot of work and
volunteer experiences with non-profits, and I miss the environment (I
currently work with the 'for-profit' sector). I also wouldn't mind
expanding my onlne consulting services to non-profits in the future, so it
would be interesting to learn what services they are seeking.
- I would like to contribute my skills, knowledge, abilities, personal
experiencs, encouragement, and *WORK* in order to help meet goal that will
help improve people's lives. I also want to be involved in a team effort.
- to get volunteer experience
- I am a person living with a disability who was home-bound for about
three years. I understand the deep impact that internet access has on
people who are in similar situations as I was in, and I would like to
pass-on this tool to others who are moving towards independance.
- I want to help somehow; I feel the best way is via the computer right
now. I am a single homeschooling parent of two teenagers, work as a CNA and
am responsible for my disabled, aging parents who live in the nursing home I
work at. I also want to improve my computer and office skills.
- I don't now exactly what kind of volunteering I want to do, or where
to find an organization to work with. This seems like a good first step in
the volunteering process.
- Because I often connect to the internet, so I have time, I like to
help other people, and to have kinda "job".
- I am interested in using some of my down time to help others. I am a
stay at home mom, trying to start my own business, so I have time on my
hands and would like to be involved.
- I feel the need to give back to the community for the good life I
have. I work full time, go to school part time and have a family.
Therefore, time constraints prevent spending time somewhere volunteering.
Doing it at home via computer seems to be the answer.
- I'm intersted in helping community organizations, but have difficult
time constraints for most volunteer projects.
- A few years ago my child was raped by a family member. At the time we
thought our world was coming apart. There was so much hate and bitterness
in us as humans, and as a family. We had no help at all. We couldn't turn
to friends or other family members, because what happened tore our family
structure apart. We only could cope within ourselves. I know that there
has to be a way to help other people if it is only to tell them that
everything will eventually get back to normal, or just of listen to another
mother cry out in pain. Listening to feelings is very important, you have
so many, it could go from guilt to hate to wanting to commit a crime
yourself. If you have no one to just listen it can drive a person nuts. I
would love to be able to help someone with this, since my family and I had
- I think it will be fun to do this. I also think that it would make me
feel like i was really helping other people down the road.
- I am surprised at how difficultit had been to find a volunteer
opportunity that is close enough to me that I can participate. Your virtual
volunteer project is a great way for me to help and I can do it at home!
An opportunity like this did not exist a few short years ago, and I want to
take advantage of this great opportunity.
- I have wanted to volunteer my time for a while but have transportation
problems. This is ideal for someone like me.
- I would like to become more involved with volunteering and I am
finding more volunteer services that want internet experience workers. I
have taught several classes on the internet and worked on many web pages. I
feel that it is important to use what we learn to help others. I would like
to raise awareness of important issues and know that just one person is a
positive role model for someone else and a domino effect occurs.
- I am new to the computer and internet, but I enjoy them immensely and
thought it would be a great combination to assist someone as a volunteer and
be able to do it on the internet at the same time! Your program sounds ideal
in many ways. I would welcome the opportunity to help get it off the ground
if I could do that in ways that are as enjoyable to me as they are helpful
- I've been an "online" volunteer for years. In 1995 I was disabled
from injuries in an auto accident and my volunteer activities have really
proved to be a great asset. So many people would benefit from the same
types of opportunities, however, most of them aren't aware they even
- i don't own a car so its difficult for me to go out and volunteer a
lot. this seems like a good solution to my problems.
- I have been looking for a way to volunteer to complete my three NHS
hours but decided that I would like to volunteer on an on-going basis.
Volunteering virtually greatly interested me in that I do not always have
access to transportation (other than the internet super highway!)
- DID NOT ANSWER
- I feel that I should help others.
- want to use my talents to help others
- I currently serve a role as Team Leader, Knowledge Management within
Monsanto. I would like to continue to build my skill base, while at the
same time contribute directly to communities and organizations other than
through whatever contribution I make within the corporate world. This would
also help me to develop relationships (however virtual) with other projects
and communities in the country without any logistical./physical
- I would like to feel that I am making a contributiong to the
community. I don't always have time during "regular" hours and this would
appear to be an ideal fit. Thanks to the internet, I don't have to be at
the same physical location as the "community" to contribute. In addition,
due to the Internet, the community is quite large and diverse. This project
seems interesting because I believe that it gives me the opportunity to get
more people involved in the community.
- To gain experience and utilize my skills in different and creative
- I strongly believe in volunteering due to the wonderful rewards if
offers the beneficiaries. I have volunteered in the past and found it to be
very satisfying, and I wish to continue doing so. I am especially
interested in volunteering through Impact Online due to my interest in
- I suffer from Panic Attacks and general Agoraphobia as well as soom
depression. Recently I found a therapy that has really seemed to work. I
have also started attending college to obtain my B.S.W..
Because of these things I am feeling much better and feel like it is time to
give something back. I want an opportunity to prove myself. I spend quite
a bit of time online anyway and think I may be able to help.
- Because I feel that I need to get a head start on the process of
getting involves bothe via the net and in real life it is an added plus for
almost any thing that you decide to do.
- I would like to help in the establishment of virtual volunteering. I
believe it is an excellent way for people like me, who love the computer,
but are also committed to things like school and Church, reach out and help
the community at large. I feel I have a lot of value to this world, it's
simply a matter of finding the right resources. This method also enables me
to reach out beyond the limited scope of my own community and help those
that are in neighboring states and countries.
- I have been wanting to work with kids for a while now, but my life has
been pretty complicated with college and working fulltime. Now that school
is just about over, and my fulltime job has changed, I am able to pursue
volunteering and working with kids. This Project is going to allow my
schedule to remain flexible to my current needs.
- I always want to give time to good causes. This is an opportunity for
me to give time without leaving my home. I enjoy using the computer, and I
always want to help others
- I believe the web should be used as an asset to aid in volunteer
activities. The global connections allow a user to reach into areas of
research that were once unatainable to the average person, and this can allow
for a more comprehensive and effective strategy for an organization. I
believe that your Project is an important step in this direction, and I would
like to help any way I can.
- I want to help out in anyway possible.
- I am very familiar with the internet, and when I read about virtual
volunteering, I thought it sounded like a great way to get involved helping
others. The fact that it is online makes it easier for me, as I am a high
school senior and am involved in several activities after school, working
on-line is more flexible--not to mention, it uses less gas!
- I want to use my writing skills to help others.
- I usually have a lot of downtime in the office since I can't leave
before my boss does (around 9pm). Since I can't volunteer afterwork because
of the late hours, I would love to do something meaningful during the
afternoon when I have to stay in the office but have nothing to do.
- I am very interested in volunteering with this Project because, for
the first time in my life, I actually have time to do something like this. I
am a stay-at-home mom, and I'm used to keeping quite busy. I would love the
opportunity to make an impact in our communities.
- I feel that I have a good deal to offer organizations that currently
have no website or that may have a small website that they would like to
expand. I also have good researching skills that would be valuable to
organizations that need to gather information from the web for various
projects and such.
Also, I do not have reliable transportation and feel it
would be difficult to volunteer on a regular basis.
- I am looking for virtual volunteering opportunities, the nature of this
project will obviously help me. You are in beta test phase, you are looking
for people that have some volunteer experience, that can meet deadlines, that
are self-motivated, that can work on their own without supervision, and that
are available, I think I have these qualities.
- I really want to volunteer and make a difference but I cant really do
much things outside because I cant really go anywhere far and like this I can
do at night after I finish my homework. The other volunteering things like
on-site volunteer projects require me to go at a time which is very
uncomfortable for me.
- 1. I am interested in having a job via Internet.
2. I am interested
in international relationships because of many reasons.
- I spend quite a bit of time online at work and at home. The thought
that I can do that AND help out is attractive.
- Because I have many computer related skills that I feel I could share
via virtual volunteering. I am a very good communicator both verbally and
using other methods such as e-mail.
- As a graduating high school senior I need many volunteer hours for
resumes for college admissions and scholarships. Your virtual volunteer
option fits my capabilities and time schedule and seems like something I
would enjoy doing.
- I'm interested in participating with the beta test matching volunteers
- I have experience being with an intergroup that compiled records which
intergrated location sites, addresses, & times of meetings. I assigned people
to various duties such as answering hot line phone calls, & had keys and
access to an office by which i would co-ordinate with other agencies of same
- I want to gain more experience with designing websites. I also am
interested in helping non-profit organizations.
- I have extra time on my hands and would like to spend it helping others
and the community. I have volunteered before and got unique satisfaction out
- I am really interested in volunteering on internet because it seems to
be a new try for me.
- I love to volunteer and help others. However, I have asthma and it is
sometimes very difficult for me to volunteer in person. I believe there are
many people out there who would benefit from this type of a program, as well
as organizations who could definitely use the assistance of virtual
- I have been looking for a volunteer project that would keep me close to
home. This is ideal!
- I enjoy volunteering and I am a homemaker who is looking for a way to
stay busy and help my community
- It's a good way for me to keep my skills sharpe while I'm seeking
- I am looking for opportunities for the Community Service class that I
- I am seeking ways to make a difference in the world, and using the
power of the Internet to do that just seems natural.
- I am a part-time environmental science laboratory instructor for Adams
State College and would like to donate some of my time and experience to a
- I do on-line stuff all the time, it would be good to do something to
help others along the way.
- To help the organizations that enrich today's youth.
- I want to volunteer, because I was once a volunteer at my library and
since I didn't have a ride to go there it was hard for me to go. So I
thought that if I volunteer and do the work at home it would be a lot easier
for me. And I certainly would like to get a recomandation for my college
- Because, first of all, I came from a country where most of the population don't have half of the opportunities that i've had in life , so i've always wanted to work in a project like that.Since I live in a place wich is a little far from downtown, it's preety hard for me to go to the voluteering centers, and that's why I think that doing this through the Web is exactly what I needed
- I enjoy developing for the web, and giving my time for worthwhile causes.
- It is my first . I want to start from beginning.
- Build Web Pages
- I want to build up a resume so that I can do web design as a career.
- For the purpose that I want to volunteer with this
project that I wanted to show them of my great extensive of knowledgement
of designing Web and Multimedia. I also have lots of motivation and
inventive ideas that I would like to help them with exciting web site.
- I'd like to share my own experience in Web
development and found new contacts, jobs, etc. In the other hand I have a
couple of spare time and looking for job for spend time more efficiently.
- For two reasons; the first is that I really want to
learn how to create a web-site. Two, I would like to help out a non-profit
organization (preferably an environmental group).
- we enjoy web desgn
- It's always a simple answer, gain more experiece,
- I feel I can be of help in constructing data bases
using Microsoft Access. I have been involved with for nearly 10 years.
- I want to volunteer for a project,hopefully with a
group such as WWF, Greenpeace, or any other that has to do with wildlife,
and/or wildlife habitat. I havn't been able to afford to donate to any of
these causes, so I was hoping to be able to help via online.
- i am not working fulltime right now, but i am looking, so am
looking for short-term volunteer opportunities using my skills.
interests=sucking the techies into the voluntary sector. :>)
howvolunteer=internet research, writing, limited web page production
(content - i am graphically-challenged).
- I would like to increase non-profit organizations' reach
through new media means, such as internet.
I hope to establish a greater public interested in their cause, thus
contributing to their efforts.
- I want to volunteer, and i was also assigned to it
- I like helping people, in particular I enjoy helping others
establish or become comfortable having a 'web presence' be that a personal
home page, learning to use an email client, participating in a list
discussion. I also have the time and skills to give to others in these
areas as well as helping write/edit pages for sites.
- I spend a lot of time working and felt the need
to do something other than put in a lot of hours working towards a
paycheck. I want to make a positive contribution to someone else's life in
- I have been afforded alot of opportunities in my life that
others may have not had. I believe it is time to start giving back to
return to Index of Questions
Go to next question
return to Index of Message Archives