Answers to the following questions:
- Approximately how many of your online volunteers provide
technical assistance to your staff or to other
- Please describe the kinds of activities these technical
assistance volunteers provide to your organization.
- America Online
- computer programming, web design and maintenance, graphic
design, intranet tool instruction, various other categories.
- Chebucto Community Net
- not sure but there are lots..
- as I mentioned before.. there are ip editors,
to people who maintain upgrades, to people who
literraly take care of the system as whole..
- Community Wire Service
- maintly webmastering: answering email,
typing/HTML-coding, keeping webpages current
- Concentric Media
- Web Page Design - 2
national organization networking
PBS Programmer Expertise
- Diversity University, Inc. *
- Designed web page, maintain it, compiling info on possible
grants to go after, research into legal and accounting needs
of our nonprofit.
- durham county literacy council
- advice on web-page design, networking, and
assistance recruiting volunteers for non-virtual tasks
- Field of Dreams
- Free Our Parks and Forests
- Programming, website design, content integration
- Globewide Network Academy
- Create and maintain:
- Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network
- While at JV, volunteers helped us research and
develop material for our Web site. They created pages that
linked to resources that would be of interest to each of our
affiliate members (which ranged from education-focused to
improving the business climate).
- NetNoir, Inc.
- Some of our volunteers research information on the web,
design and distribute newsletters and provide to be posted
online. In addition, they host chatrooms, post messages to
message boards, respond to mail from members.
- Northland Public Library
- There are two categories of volunteers at the computer
center who provide technical assistance. One of which is
the trainers, who conduct training classes for adult,
teaching the basics of computer usages and the other is the
assistants who provide help
- Ronald McDonald House
- TRANSLATIONS, REASERCH
*country specific research
- Technology Assistance for Special Consumers
- Design and update Web site.
- United Way of Okaloosa & Walton COunties
- WEST Ltd
- WEST provides server software that enables you to deliver
courses interactively over the WEB. WEST put the NETDAY
Cabling course into the"WEST" format. It enabled the Mentors
to oversee the training of Volunteers with feedback. We
trained people from all over the States using the WEST
Server software as their delivery tool. Feedback was given
through integrated Email, Bulletin Board, and discussion
groups. A number of Universities and Corporations are
considering incorporating our software into their teaching
delivery process. THis will enable them to effectivly train
many people efficiently and the Instructors will be able to
have an individual involvement enable effective remote
* Diversity University, Inc. responded twice, on March 8, 1997 and
April 28, 1997, but their responses to these questions were the
same both times.
return to Index of Agency Survey Responses
return to Index of VV Project Message Archives