Answers to the following questions:
- Approximately how many of your volunteers provide direct support
to clients / recipients of service via the
- Please describe the kinds of volunteer activities these direct
contact volunteers provide to your
- Earthwatch Institute
- 90 Reps
- Writing articles, posting information on their web sites, networking with others, setting up online chats with scientists on Talk City, etc
- Pennsylvania American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- So far, we have used internet volunteering to support one another, to have online meetings (via chat room and cc'ing on minutes, etc., to coordinate communications with our elected officials-our effort being to organize sustainable design efforts on behalf of a healthy environment.
- New Jersey Online:Community Connection
- People just naturally have involved themselves. They network and share information.
- Spiritual Gifts Ministries, Inc
- They help us raise funds on an ongoing basis.
- Shoreline Education for Awareness
- Harambee Christian Family Center
- We haven't tried this stuff yet.
- Safeguarding Our Children-United Mothers (SOC-UM)
- Survivor forum
Support for families
Assistance to families whose child has been victimized.
- Canadian Coalition Against the Death Penalty
- Mailing inmates and assisting them in keeping contact with the outside world. This can include email that is passes on to prisoners by mail.
Answering students questions.
- YouthOrg UK
- The community helps each other so for example a volunteer will normally be a member of the community and may write an article or contact another member to help them. Peer to peer education is probably the best way to describe this relationship between the volunteers who are normally members of the organization.
- Healthy Communities
- Aspartame Survivors International
- My co-founders and I post many health articles to the list and sponsor chats between the members of the group. We are having an Awareness Day on August 28th, 1999 with a walk-a-thon and petition signing to recall aspartame as a food additive.
- Journal of international Wildlife Law & Policy
- AIAPaCOTE-Pennsylvania chapter of the American Institute of Architects Committee on the Environment
- Don't know yet.
- Don't know yet.
- Martin Memorial Health Systems, Inc.
- Gay Men's Health
- Replying to questions which has been emailed or submitted via our web site regarding safer sex and other health related matters. The client has the luxury of not disclosing their name.
- Cyberspace seniors/InterAge cyberPals Classroom Project
- Correspond weekly using curriculum based or casual correspondence during the school year with students in a classroomor computer lab setting.
- People Who Net
- Internet e-mail discussion list administration and web page design and maintenance.
- IAM & The All One Foundation
- Child & Adolescent Bipolar Foundation
return to Index of Agency Survey Responses
return to Index of VV Project Message Archives