Answers to the following questions:
- Respondent's name.
- Respondent's position.
- Respondent's role in working with volunteers at organization.
- Earthwatch Institute
- Mary Blue Margruder
- Director of Public Affairs
- This nonprofit organization recruits volunteers to work with field scientists all over the world. A network of 90 Field Representatives, connected via email helps us with outreach and public education events around the country. Each of those regional Reps has a committee of email connected volunteers. Some volunteers also help specific projects..eg. tracking sea turtle migration via satellite. My role is media relations, and more volunteers are needed to register our work with search engines, etc.
- Pennsylvania American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- William J. Marston
- Co-founder, PA AIA Environmental Committee
- I founded both Philadelphia AIA web committee and helped found a statewide committee on sustainable building and environmental (or 'green') as a consortium of AIA members interested in such issues.
- New Jersey Online:Community Connection
- Betsy Old
- Director of Community Relations
- New Jersey Online, through our community Connection project, offers free Web sites to volunteer, non-profit, community and civic organizations throughout New Jersey. Each group receives their own URL and seven pages with which to convey information. Launched in Sept. of 1998, Community Connection already has over 2000 groups.
- Spiritual Gifts Ministries, Inc
- Godwin Thompson
- Spiritual Gifts Ministries is a non-profit 501(c)(3)tax exempt organization, and founder of the Good Samaritan Homeless Center for Women with Children.
We provide temporary, emergency lodging for battered and homeless women with children through our National Emergency Motel Network, food, new clothing, and spiritual counseling.
We're currently looking for volunteers to help us raise funds on a ongoing basis for our national motel network for battered and homeless women with children in crisis.
for more information concerning our National Emergency Motel Network for battered and homeless women with children in crisis, please visit our website at http://helpforwomen.org
- Shoreline Education for Awareness
- William P. (Bill) Russell
- President and Exec. Dir.
- Leader, trainer, evaluator, motivator, exemplar
- Harambee Christian Family Center
- Rodolpho Carrasco
- Associate Director
- Volunteers have helped us maintain four web sites:
- Safeguarding Our Children-United Mothers (SOC-UM)
- Debbie Mahoney
- Board President
- Canadian Coalition Against the Death Penalty
- Tracey Lamourie
- Organizing, planning, assigning
- YouthOrg UK
- Mark Harding
- Founder & Webmaster
- Volunteers support young people and youth workers work on the internet for educational purposes. They produce the content of the site and help grow and develop the virtual community.
- Healthy Communities
- Robert Moore
- Member Services Committee Chairman
- Coordination of activities to develop information clearinghouse and support services for health and social service organizations, targeting the non-profit community, in the county. This project is developing Healthy Communities as a viable organization to support activities which improve quality of life in Yavapai County.
- Aspartame Survivors International
- Sherry Molteni
- Founder-Aspartame Survivors International
- I founded the Aspartame Survivors International group on April 4, 1999 to aid victims of aspartame poisoning (Nutrasweet, Diet Soda, etc.). I have two co-founders who help with the list at email@example.com. I administer the list for persons (65+ members now) who have stopped using aspartame.
- Journal of international Wildlife Law & Policy
- William C.G.Burns
- Managing Editor
- I coordinate all volunteer opportunities
- AIAPaCOTE-Pennsylvania chapter of the American Institute of Architects Committee on the Environment
- William J. Marston, AIA
- Founding member of Committee
- I help manage our new message board/member communications tool; I am active in political lobbying and in educating other architects and the public about sustainable building, environmental development, livable communities, 'green design', etc.
- Martin Memorial Health Systems, Inc.
- Robert Moon
- Director, Volunteer services
- Director of Volunteer Services, using 1200 volunteers in 326 bed community hospital health system.
Administrative Director, Volunteers in Medicine Clinic, using 120-plus volunteer physicians, nurses, healthcare professionals providing free indigent care.
Administrative Director, Personal Emergency Response Program, providing nearly 300 home monitoring units for elderly homebound.
- Gay Men's Health
- Bruce Fraser
- Development Worker
- Management of volunteer program and development of programs
- Cyberspace seniors/InterAge cyberPals Classroom Project
- Martha R. Gore
- Executive Director
- As executive director, I corresponded with adults who are interested in becoming CyberPals and over see their correspondence with teachers and students in the classrooms.
As Classroom Director and Teacher Trainer, I train the teachers to successfully incorporate the IACP Project curriculum and casual correspondence to enhance the students computer writing and language art skills.
Handbooks have been created and are sent by e-mail to the adult CyberPals and Teachers that can be printed by them for complete instructions.
I have developed the Curriculum and Casual Correspondence to reflect what the teacher is already using in the classroom. For example, all curriculum based assignments are in the form of games, using such parts of speech as nouns, verbs, etc. The Casual Correspondence relies on a subject selected by the Director that can be shared by the adult CyberPals and students to futher bonding.
- People Who Net
- Sylvia Caras
- I recruit, invite, coordinate, encourage.....
- IAM & The All One Foundation
- Adam Davis
- Chairman of the Board
- 95% of our volunteers come out of the work we do in teaching meditation.
- Child & Adolescent Bipolar Foundation
- Martha Hellander
- Executive Director
- I have set up an on-line support team structure that we have not yet implemented; we are using a loose network of volunteers now for research, parent support, doing administration stuff, etc.
return to Index of Agency Survey Responses
return to Index of VV Project Message Archives